In order to deploy IP Fabric into your AWS VPC, you will need the AMI to be shared with the AWS account in question. Contact the IP Fabric support team with your AWS account details and the region in which you want to deploy instance, and the team will ensure the AMI is available to you to install.
Access to AWS AMI instance is restricted to registered customers only. Please contact our sales representative if you are interested in a trial of IP Fabric
Deployment And Configuration Of The AMI
Before you are begin the deployment, please note the following:
IP Fabric uses SSH, telnet and REST API over http/https in order to access network devices and controllers and carry out its discovery. Please ensure that the VPC subnet chosen for the deployment has the appropriate level of access and routing in order to complete the discovery.
The IP Fabric AMI uses SSH for CLI console access, and HTTPS on ports 443 and 8443 for Web UI and system console access respectively. Security groups will need the appropriate configuration to allow inbound access to the AMI.
Login to the AWS console for the account provided to the IP Fabric support team.
Select the region for the VPC where you want to deploy IP Fabric:
From the “Services” menu at the top left, select “EC2”
Then choose “Instances” in the left hand menu, and hit the “Launch Instances” button on the right:
Select “My AMIs”, then under “Ownership”, select “Shared with me”. The IP Fabric AMI should show up here. “Select” it.
Note that you can only select incoming rules at this point! By default the security group allows access to everything over any protocol and port: you will need to revisit once the instance has launched if you need to restrict access at source.
11. Click “Review and Launch”
12. At this point, if you never used Debian in AWS before, subscription alert can appear. If requires, please follow instruction and open hyperlink in Error message: “In order to user this AWS Marketplace product….“
13. On new page, please click “Continue to Subscribe”
14. When done, please click “Launch” button once again.
15. Please confirm “Key pair” information and click “Launch Instance”.
16. Your Instance will appear in the instances list, and it will be started automatically by AWS: