Starting IP Fabric version 1.0.3 customer is able to establish remote SSL VPN to IP Fabric DC. Support VPN uses OpenVPN software.
Support VPN requires access to remote.ipfabric.io (18.104.22.168) remote port 443/TCP. IP Fabric image must be also configured with functional DNS server.
Connection through proxy servers is also supported but not guaranteed.
How to establish support VPN
VPN is always established and teared down by customer. VPN connection cannot be triggered externally!
- Login to IP Fabric web ui.
- At top right corner click Support.
Select Remote support VPN.
- On newly opened page click the Connect button.
VPN status should change to connected and also you should see assigned IP address.
How to tear down support VPN
- Repeat steps 1 - 3 from How to establish support VPN part (see above)
- On newly opened page click the Disconnect button.
- VPN status should change to disconnected.