Objects can be removed from the diagram by:
- Using using the X button for a specific object
- Using using the X button on the Remove Objects menu
- using the Remove All button to remove all objects from the diagram
After editing the layout, you can save the changes as the default .Use by using the floppy disk icon at the top left corner of particular object (see below).
Save and load view
Each object can have many different multiple views that can be saved and loaded again later.
The view can be exported in the form of a PNG image .Click by clickin on ... and select selecting Export PNG.:
Search looks up any text currently present on the diagram. Typing query filters the view . Pressing and clicking on the search button focuses and zooms in on the item.
The user can filter connection protocols between devices of the second and third layer of ISO OSI by using filters in the Protocols menu.
It is possible to use predefined filters or a filter according to your own specific requirements. Predefined filters can be selected from the drop down menu.
After clicking on the device, it is possible to obtain a lot of additional information about it and the protocols used on this device.
- Display wired hosts - displays an aggregated view of wired end hosts connected to the network. End hosts can be expanded by clicking on the edge device where hosts are connected to and then Expand wired hosts button.
- Display access points - displays wireless access points.
- Display wireless hosts - adds wireless end hosts to access points view.
- Display unmanaged neighbors - displays devices discovered using CDP/LLDP with management IP address, but NIMPEE cannot login to them.
- Show FEX - dispalys fabric extenders.
- Show site edge - displays site edge and connection to the transit networks.
- Hide boundary
- Hide Interface Labels
- Hide Protocol Labels
- Show ACL & ZBF
- Show QoS
- Show FHRP
- Show utilization - device average rate / site average rate. Min=0%, max=100%.
- Nonredundant devices - highlights in red the devices whose failure will cause the unavailability of part of the network.
- Nonredundant links - highlights in red the links with no path redundancy.
- MTU Check - checks if MTU is properly set on both link ends.
- Hub meshing - creates an aggregate hub for full and partial mesh topologies for better view improved viewing clarity.